Friday, October 1, 2010

Amnesia

My brother sent me a song tonight. I don't believe he knew what it meant to me.

Yo lo quierdo....I think that is what the singer is singing...

I do know this, he is saying, "I don't remember"...

But, I do. I remember. I remember all of the friends I have lost, through attrition (sp?), because of what I am...I have a disease. It's not catching, it's just a disease that hurts the people around me.

But I remember you all...I love you very much, I miss you very much and I hurt...my heart hurts because I don't have you in my life anymore.

Because of my disease.

I'm sorry. I apologize. I am sorry and I can never take it back.

I can only think of you, love you, remember you...I can't even hope that you will come back to me someday. Because I know you never will.

But I can do what I can do today and step one foot in front of the other. One day at a time.

I'm sorry. I am getting healthy now...

I wish I was healthy then...maybe we would still be friends.

For my life, still ahead, pity me.

No comments:

Post a Comment